Good morning, the journey continues. Here is the 5-day recap.
Watch the replay videos at Fit For A Purpose, LLC. On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fit4purposellc/
- Day 21: Restrain Your Speech– Read Proverbs 17:27-28 NIV. Everyone has experienced putting their foot in their mouth one time or another. Just because you have an opinion doesn’t mean you have to share it all of the time. Practice restraint over speaking your mind. The author says, “It is a fruit-bearing exercise to just hold your tongue in some conversations and not have to give your opinion or experience.”
- Day 22: Use Words that Free – Read Proverbs 6:2-3. If you are not careful and prayerful with your words, you will become trapped by them. When you speak, be sure to release words that heal and set others free.
- Day 23: The Taming Work – Read James 3:8-10. It’s amazing how a person can proclaim the love of God and the next moment judge, criticize, gossip and more. Take time to cry out to the Lord to tame your tongue. The Lord is the ONE who gives us power over this tiny member of the body.
- Day 24: Crying In Your Distress – Read Psalm 3:4. Everyone has experienced moments of turmoil, trauma and disappointment. These moments don’t often yield warm and fuzzy feelings or words. Instead of running to complain cry out to the Lord. He can turn your mourning into dancing. He is the ONE who can give you PRAISE on your lips even while in moments of distress. Give your tough times to Him.
- Day 25: Do Your Words Build? – Read 2 Samuel 23:2. Take inventory over your words. Do you speak words that build people up? Be honest. When was the last time you encouraged someone? There is something special about using words of beauty. Speak words that build people up each and every day.